Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Hotchkis Autocross Race. 6/21/2014.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hotchkis Autocross Race. 6/21/2014.

Did I just get beat by a truck? I sure did. This is no ordinary truck. It's built by Rob MacGregor at No Limits Engineering. Robs no ordinary driver either. He's one of the top drivers at Hotchkis and Goodguys events. The Race: First round. I had him by a few hundredths. Good start. Rob changed tires and made some suspension adjustments. I ate a Power Bar. Second round. I came out flying with a super great lap. Rob came out trucking with a super duper great lap. Outcome? Two tenths in his favor. I had no intentions of staying for round three, but now the race is on. With a quick call to my nice neighbor, I asked her to take care of my Dogs, if you know what I mean. Third round. I improved my time, but not enough. Rob came out and hit some cones on some very good times, but had to settle for a 32.386 My best was a 32.401 .015 difference. Great drive Rob. The track was a little different. Let's just say the slalom was a lot of fun. The second half of the course took some real discipline to go slow. Any faster then a walk would have you understeer right off the course. 1st. in class. 2nd. overall out of 78 cars and 1 truck.
The Dogs were real hungry when I got home.

The Truck.

We were all on street tires by the way.

thanks for watching.

Steve
Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Great driving! I've seen that truck at the GG's in TX and at the USCA event in TX- Fast and Loud! If you are keeping up with those times, you are doing some great driving!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
Great driving! I've seen that truck at the GG's in TX and at the USCA event in TX- Fast and Loud! If you are keeping up with those times, you are doing some great driving!
Thanks.

Here is a write up from Hotchkis.
http://www.hotchkis.net/press_release.html?ID=106

Quick Reply: Hotchkis Autocross Race. 6/21/2014.