Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

PCA Autocross Race Video. 11/16/2014.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCA Autocross Race Video. 11/16/2014.

Slow, fast, and crazy fast for Autocross. This track was great fun! 2nd. overall out of 110 cars. Quit horsing around, that's no Z06.

Steve
Old 11-18-2014, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Great run! I've really enjoyed watching your autoX runs. You seem to consistently run in the top 5 of these PCA events- I really wish I could get that far up in the placements! I'm usually mid pack in my areas PCA events, that's with a mostly stock '78 TA- the engine has had some work on it and it's got newer shocks but the rest of the suspension is factory stock. I just added some SFC's but only have run once with that set up. I also put Nitto 555's on 18X9 wheels this summer.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I'm glad you like the videos. Don't forget, if you put on Hoosiers A6's, that would improve your time by 3-4 seconds. See where you would finish with that. Tires are everything.

Steve
Old 11-19-2014, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Thanks. I'm glad you like the videos. Don't forget, if you put on Hoosiers A6's, that would improve your time by 3-4 seconds. See where you would finish with that. Tires are everything.

Steve
I've heard that before about the tires. MY Nitto's are new and have a lot of tread left. I'm going to try to wear them out and get as fast as I can with my heavy car on tires that aren't very sticky, then move to some sticky tires.

Of course I can tell myself that now while sitting at a computer but, once at the track it's a very different story and I just want the best time possible.

I think you also must have a lot of car behind those tires too- suspension and brakes. It all works together!
Old 11-19-2014, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
I think you also must have a lot of car behind those tires too- suspension and brakes. It all works together!
Actually this Corvette is quite stock. Set of sway bars, (4)18x10.5 wheels and Hoosiers. That's it. My other Corvette had 35rwhp more, all the suspension done, and 250lbs lighter. It was about 3-4 seconds quicker then the one I own now. Here's my last race, before I sold it.

I changed my Avatar picture. Now it's current.

Steve
Old 11-20-2014, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

That car sounds awesome! The Z06 vettes come with a lot of the goodies that we other people have to buy seperate. Anyway, why did you sell that car? It sure looked like a lot of fun to drive!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

It becomes a real hassle after awhile. I had to install the splitter when I got to the track. About 30 minutes, plus take out the side windows to save more weight, and a few more adjustments. Probably 1hr. to get it ready to race. Then another hour to pack it all up to go home. I actually drove it to the track. No a/c, heat, radio etc. I'm glad I did it for sure, but now I'm ready for something much easier.

Quick Reply: PCA Autocross Race Video. 11/16/2014.