Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

PCA Autocross Race Video. 12/7/2014.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCA Autocross Race Video. 12/7/2014.

Last race of the year. This track did not disappoint. Super fun! 1st. overall out of 105 cars.
During practice, I asked the "the Master" (Brian Peters) to drive my car. If you want to see how good a driver you are, just put Brian in the drivers seat and let him show you how a Pro does it. Only let him drive one lap. Anymore and you'll feel like quitting and taking up knitting.

Steve
Old 12-10-2014, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

So what was Brian doing that you aren't or, perhaps vice versus? Also, what were the time differences?

I would be encouraged by having another more experienced driver drive my car and beat me by several seconds- that would re-affirm to me that the money I should spend is in driving and not on go fast parts....

What video system do you use? GoPro, Virb? I think it does a really good job and I'm starting to look for something more than my phone.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
So what was Brian doing that you aren't or, perhaps vice versus? Also, what were the time differences?

I would be encouraged by having another more experienced driver drive my car and beat me by several seconds- that would re-affirm to me that the money I should spend is in driving and not on go fast parts....

What video system do you use? GoPro, Virb? I think it does a really good job and I'm starting to look for something more than my phone.
Brian is just more sensitive to what's going on. Looking way way ahead also. He beat me by one tenth. I only gave him 1 lap. More laps and it would have been at least .5 difference I bet.

Getting a competent driver in your car, will make you so much better.

My cameras are point and shoot type. Panasonic ZR1 and ZR3. They work great.

Steve

Quick Reply: PCA Autocross Race Video. 12/7/2014.