Sponsor Vehicle Projects & Shop Tours See what your LS1TECH Sponsors are working on.

SAM/ERL/Wiseco Pistons 500" LS2 Buildup

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SAM/ERL/Wiseco Pistons 500" LS2 Buildup

Here is some info and pictures of our 500 cubic inch ls2 project we have been currently working on here at the school.

Some information about the motor:

Bore - 4.2025" Outfitted with Custom Wiseco 26cc Dish Pistons
Stroke - 4.500" = 500 Cubic Inches
Connecting Rods - 6.800" Carrillo Billet A-Beam
Cam - 250/250 @ .050 Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller
Heads - LS7 heads that have been cleaned up
Intake - Factory LS7 Intake

This is hosting ERL's Deck Plate and Sleeving they are offering to help allow us to reach the 500 cubic inch limit.

We are right at a 10.9:1 compression ratio and we are looking to make around 650 to 700 horsepower Naturally Aspirated on Pump Gas.

Now time for the Pictures:

I will be adding more pictures here shortly.

Also, the other motor in the background is our C5-R project motor. I will give more specs on that if you guys would like. We are aiming to make around 900 horsepower on motor with that setup. I will post a few pictures of that motor as well!

I will also be making a seperate thread to keep people up to date on our Hugger Orange SS and Naturally Aspirated C5-R Setup

More Pics: Shots of the pistons, wrist pins, ands rods

Alrighty, here is the pictures of the Intake spacers and ls7 heads. Head is equipped with the 2.200 titanium intake valve and hollow stem exhaust valve.

Dyno Testing with the Stock LS7 manifold and NOS Nitrous Kit

Last edited by BigBronco; 12-11-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyno Testing with the Beck Sheetmetal Manifold

Assembled Motor ready to be put in the car!! We are waiting for the New LCA's to come in and the motor will be installed.

And for those who may have missed it. The motor ended making over 720 hp on 93 Octance (Pump Gas) and with low bottle pressure (250 pills) we made over 920 hp on pump gas. Quite a stout street motor. We have more graphs and more power and I will upload those later. Happy Motoring guys!

Graph Overlay These were the initial pulls

Edit: 12/11 BMR was so very kind and we now have some LCA's!!!!

Regards
Gray Arrington
School of Automotive Machinists
Gray@SAMracing.com

And for those who may have missed it. The motor ended making over 720 hp on 93 Octance (Pump Gas) and with low bottle pressure (250 pills) we made over 920 hp on pump gas. Quite a stout street motor. We have more graphs and more power and I will upload those later. Happy Motoring guys!

Quick Reply: SAM/ERL/Wiseco Pistons 500" LS2 Buildup