Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Camaro Z28 M6 LS3 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2002 Camaro Z28 M6 LS3 Swap

Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $9200
Mileage: 1
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Beige

I'm putting my baby up for sale. It pains me to do so but I am finally fortunate enough to afford a c6 so the camaro has to go unfortunatley. Building this car I spared no expense because I never really considered selling it and I wanted something I could be proud of. You will find no chinese aftermarket parts on this car everything is top notch quality.

The car is an 02 Z28 M6 with a new LS3 motor in it. The motor is not a rebuilt or a core but a brand new engine. The oil was changed per the gm schedule for a new engine at 30, 400, 100 and 2500, miles intervals. Needless to say the engine runs fantastic. It is pretty much full bolt ons at this point and made 450/440 when Formato tuned it in June before the 1.85 rockers. Should be closer to 465ish now. The transmission was rebuilt about 20k ago by superior transmissions in boca and got new 2nd and 3rd gears, 1-2, 3-4 slider, all new carbon blockers, new keys, and a steel 3-4 fork. Since then it has only had redline d4 fluid in it and it shifts beautifully.

The exterior of the car is in nice shape, it shows the small normal flaws you'd expect with a new car but the paint is not faded or cracked and wears very well. The hood is an OEM SS hood and the manta stripe is painted on and cleared rather than just a decal. The grill is an original slp bowtie grill but iff the buyer prefers I believe I still have the original grill somewhere. The car rolls around currently on lightewight RARE c5 magnesium wheels with 275/40/18 bfg gforce out front and 295//35/18 bfg rivals out back. The tires are just about a year old and have PLENTY of tread left on them.

The interior of the car is VERY NICE it does have the normal cracked upper plastic dashpad, but the soft area of the dash as well as the carpets, floormats, and seats are all perfect and have no rips, tears or stains. The console functions exactly as it should and the shift ring is not broken. The car currently has a set of 2010 corvette c6 seats in it but included with the car are a set of ebony front camaro seats that have just been recovered using original new leather covers so they will be as new.

No expense was spared in the sound system, the pioneer headunit powers a 6 channel JL audio XD600 amplifier which pumps out 100rrms watts per channel to 4 front Infinity kappa 62.9i speakers and 2 42.9i's in the hatch area. Also located in the hatch is a drivers side stealth box and inside it is a 10" TW5V2 subwoofer powered by a kenwood amp. The system sounds clean all the way to max volume and the JL sub provides a hard yet clean bass hit for any music choice.

Now onto the actual mods to the car and engine. Everything on the car has been redone within the last 25k miles. I am very **** about things and lots of these things like bushings were replaced simply due to age and wanting the car to be the best it could be. All rubber bushings and joints have been replaced and 1LE replacements used where they were available.

Everything listed under the engine had under 5k miles besides the exhaust and underdrive pulley with have 10-20k on them
ENGINE
NEW LS3 motor, including injectors fuel rails and intake manifold
1.85 Yella Terra Shaft Rockers
BTR Dual Platinum Spring Kit w/ TI retainers
11/32 .120 wall Manton pushrods
Turn one Power steering pump
Mezeire electric water pump street version
ATI 10% underdrive balancer
1-7/8 ARH Long Tubes
Bassani Stainless True Dual Over the axle system (not dumps actually goes over axle and out back)
SSRA with AC ram air kit
100mm MAF
FTP 104MM lid
Granatelli firesleeve plug wires

Suspension

BMR Tubular K member
BAER Eradispeed 2 piece light rotors w/new ceramic pads on 4 corners (5k)
New tie rod ends, swaybar end links, joints, and all suspension bushings (15k)
Bilstein HD shocks (20k)
BMR Chromoly LCA's with elastomer bushings and relo brackets (5k)

DRIVELINE
McLeod RST Twin Disk W/Fidanza flywheel (12k)
MGW Shifter (20k)
ACPT Carbon Driveshaft (10k)
T56 rebuilt by superior transmission new 2nd and 3rd gears, 1-2, 3-4 slider, all new carbon blockers, new keys, and a steel 3-4 fork. (20k)
Motive 3.90 gears, new bearings and seals installed (20k)

As you read above pretty much everything on the car was overhauled in the last 25k. Most of it was done Like I said because I'm just **** and was a "well i'm here anyway" sort of thing espeically iwth all the suspension bushings. The car drives fantastic and needs NOTHING. I dd everywhere, it makes more hp and trque than the average H/C/I ls1 but idles and drives completely like stock. The a/c blows ice cold, the mcleod twin disk drives like stock and makes the trans shift like butter. Oveerall its a great car and I wouldnt sell it if I didnt have to.

I am ASKING 9200 for the car but am open to offers as I have found a c6 that has caught my eye. I work a lot of different hours so the easiest way to reach me is by pm or text. If you call and leave a message I will return the call as quick as I can and answer any questions. If no voicemail is left I will not reutrn the phone call.
954-328-2738

Name:  6W0A3764_zps7886b619.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  6W0A3777_zps9597d2cb.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  6W0A3773_zpsd7e564d8.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  6W0A3770_zps92376423.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  D7127E3E-3B4A-4B53-9860-71391F5B830C_zpsk8qkmxfg.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  266.0 KB

Name:  9568bd64-1b5d-4fcc-ac67-24ac29013326_zpsub5lh2px.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  487.6 KB

Last edited by redbird555; 11-22-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the actual mileage on the car? Does it have a clean title? How many owners has it had, and how long have you owned the car?

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Z28 M6 LS3 Swap