Trans Am 7" Screen, HU & Custom Bezel!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Trans Am 7" Screen, HU & Custom Bezel!!!

I made this a few months ago, see thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/776364-my-custom-1-5-din-7-screen-install.html

I modified the stock bezel to accept a 7" LCD. I then relocated my Jensen VM-9410 flipout screen to underneath the driver's seat (keeps the screen closed). I extended the wiring on the aftermarket harness to plug into the stock connector & reach under the driver's seat. The wires are all ran down the console and can't be seen. The Jensen is operated by the steering wheel controls, no need to push any buttons. I did not get an antenna extension to reach as I never listen to the radio. The LCD is hooked up to the ignition & ground wire from the stock harness so it comes on when the car comes on and the video source is from the headrest output of the deck. This headunit and LCD is 100% working condition and never has given me any problems. I purchased the VM-9410 from Crutchfield about 2 years ago for $600 and will provide the reciept if requested. The VM-9410 plays MP3, WMA, VCD, MPEG, etc videos. If someone already has a PAC-SWIX to use the stock steering wheel controls with an aftermket headunit, then this setup is all plug & play. The only thing that needs to be done is to tap into the igition & ground wires to power the LCD. To fit the bezel in the dash, the INSIDE lip of the dash will neeed to be trimmed a bit. Nothing can be seen outside of it, just the plastic inside comes down a bit so it has to be trimmed since the LCD is close to the top. All it'd take is 15min with a dremel and you'll be good as gold. The bezel is 95% perfect, if a perfectionist is buying it, I'd recommend a little sanding a new coat of paint (99cent rattle can semi-gloss from wal-mart) so it's 100% perfect and new looking. Or you can skip both of those steps and just wrap it with some vinyl (I will include a piece to fit if you want). I wrapped my new bezel in vinyl and it looks 100% stock (see pic of new setup at very bottom of pictures). It should take someone about an hour to install it assuming they have teh PAC already wired. If you have any questions, want more pictures or anything else, feel free to ask and I'll do whatever is needed to help out. Reason I'm selling is because I put a dual processor computer in the car with a 7" touchscreen and new bezel in lieu of a headunit.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/828268-firehawk-dual-processor-computer-installed-pics.html

PRICE: I'm asking $300 for the setup plus shipping cost (guessing is around$20), but feel free to PM me offers if you want.

PICS!

My new bezel
Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent u a PM
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i only had the extra money right now. good luck with the sale!!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Banned

I'll take it! Do you take PayPal?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Payment sent!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrews_Motorsports