Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

differance between sbc vs sbf oil dipstick on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default differance between sbc vs sbf oil dipstick on e-bay

Whats the chance that sbc and sbf use the same oil dipstick and tube? E-bay item # for ford 370276414750 and chevy # 200396482122 from same seller. If you look at his pictures they are the same exact pics for BOTH ford and chevy. I bought item # 190341894536 and recieved a dipstick and tube that looks nothing like it. Seller took back, says its not his cheap cra* and kept it. I only bought one dipstick and thats from him. I'm guessing its a ford tube, it has no enlarged stop where it goes in block. Looked like they would be hard to check your oil also because dipstick seating on tube takes alot of effort and wiggling to get it fullly seted on robber groumet. Also whats your opinion on having the dipstick internal parts chrome plated? Could that peel / chip off and end up in your engine?
would anyone have GM part # for OEM tube and dipstick for my 69 350 ?
I think to many people buy stuff on e-bay they don't use right away and leave good feedback for Items they latter have problems.
ED
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rs69ss
Whats the chance that sbc and sbf use the same oil dipstick and tube?
Zero.