Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

anybody built a 352?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody built a 352?

This is a 400 block and 327 crank. this is what i have in mind with a t56 and some tall gears behind it. Half street/half roadrace. All fun, no manners. Not a daily driver. I'm thinking about doing it in a G-body Regal.

I've thought and read up on the 377 but i just want to take it a step further than that. If i build it it will have everything it needs to run to it's maximum potential.

I've read 500 threads saying 'build a 400' 'don't waste a 400 block' '400 is better' this that and the other. I am trying to build something FUN to ME. I am just curious if anyone has built one of these or something similar.. Or some advice from the short-stroke guys would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think it would be a cool project, but the valve train could get pricey. a nice solid roller setup with some good heads, good compression, and a single plain would be a SCREAMER.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

That is just about exactly what i have in mind. It won't be something that gets put together in a month, but you follow where i'm headed. Mountain, twisty, and back road blaster. The combo comes out to right at 350 inches. Long rods, big heads.
I guess I'm talking about doing it in the style they did when the 327 WAS the big motor. with the 301 (z/28 302's "dad") They were making 500hp. It ain't for drag racing, I might get into the SCCA road racing, but mainly for my own personal enjoyment, but it will be set up like a race car. Minimal interior, cage, stitch welding, etc...
Old 05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Launching!

sounds like a cool idea.. ive realized the best way to make crazy amounts of peak NA power is an incredibly oversquare setup. I thought a 4.8 liter truck motor crank in an LS7 would be cool.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

I was always wanting to do the ls2 block and 4.8 crank in a 240sx. The next motor I'm the camaro will most likely be a ls7 block with ls1 crank, but it's a dd. The 352 has been done before and with the t56 in a regal as light as I can make it with some 4.56 gears should keep me grinnin. I like hearin em scream
Old 05-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

As far as the T56 goes, I know the LT1 trans will bolt up with the proper flywheel. Is the LT1 clutch setup the same as on LS cars? Has the LT got the hydraulic clutch? I would really like to use a Tick master on it. I think it will need one more than the Camaro did. I heard something about the input shaft and front face piece can be swapped from the LT to an LS trans, but I don't know about that for sure. I will do some research and something I just thought of is what will be different about the LT vette trans?

Quick Reply: anybody built a 352?