Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

About the drop the 454 back in my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default About the drop the 454 back in my truck.

So I joined this site when I bought my WS6 T/A, but also a while back I bought a truck from my grandpa (mom's dad). Before I was born, my dad overhauled it. Anyway, I bought the truck (1976 Cheyenne, stock 454), and have begun restoration. I started about 18 months ago with a running truck that had bad brakes.
We had the brakes working within a week (we don't get a lot of time to work on it), but after this the motor wouldn't start up any more. After fixing lots of things that we thought were the main problem, we eventually found that 2 of the pistons were locked up. We completely tore the thing down and began a rebuild. The engine is still stock aside from the Holley 600 carb and air cleaner. (the q-jet was toast)
After many months of heartache and learning (for me, it was my first real go at anything mechanical), we have it back together and are ready to drop it in. I took a few pics, and figured I'd share them.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Motor looks great. I bet thats a torque monster....
Old 04-26-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, I have yet to actually drive the truck, so that's what I'm hoping for

Quick Reply: About the drop the 454 back in my truck.