Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Urgent opti question! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Urgent opti question! Please help!

Today, i took my camaro into the dealership to get a coolant flush. I checked in at about 1:15. About THREE HOURS later, the finally pulled my car around front and the tech took my keys to the service writer lady or whatever. The tech told me that my "distributor is going to need replaced soon. Your car will not start much longer so i left it running for you" ***WTF MY CAR WAS JUST FINE*** I go out to my car and the tach is jumping all over the place and the car is sputtering and missing like crazy... OPTIIIIIIIIIII... I go back inside and i inform them of what i am now positive has happened (The dude that worked on my car definitely had moistened up the opti with coolant or water or something). After conversing with the head tech dude (the service manager apparently wasnt there) he says that the kid that flushed my coolant sprayed down the front of my engine to clean it off (AHHHHH WTF). The guy said tht he will keep my car for the night and try to dry it out in the morning and give me a call then and go from there. MY QUESTION IS: If my car will run right in the morning, should i still demand a new opti or something? Once the opti is wet, is the damage irreparable even if it seems ok at the moment? Could it run ok in the morning and then leave me stranded in a week? ANY and ALL help/advice/guidance will be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss and carless at the moment lol. Thank you all in advance.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's another section for the lt1 stuff, but I have a 97 and I would push for the replacement.

Quick Reply: Urgent opti question! Please help!