Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

LT1/LT4 knock

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1/LT4 knock

Hi guys, im new to this forum and new to using forums so please forgive me if i've posted this wrong or in the wrong place.

I need help fast. I just installed a new opti on my car and it ran great. Got excited and took it out on the road and drove the **** out of it. Ran a nice hard pull on a straightaway and bam... Loud rattling/knocking noise began right as i was about to shift at ~5750rpm. My guess is its a rod/main bearing but i want to be sure its not valve train before i try to sell it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

p.s. This is an lt4 firehawk if that makes any difference
Old 09-16-2016, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie420
Hi guys, im new to this forum and new to using forums so please forgive me if i've posted this wrong or in the wrong place.

I need help fast. I just installed a new opti on my car and it ran great. Got excited and took it out on the road and drove the **** out of it. Ran a nice hard pull on a straightaway and bam... Loud rattling/knocking noise began right as i was about to shift at ~5750rpm. My guess is its a rod/main bearing but i want to be sure its not valve train before i try to sell it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

p.s. This is an lt4 firehawk if that makes any difference
Pull the valve cover and make sure nothing came loose.. Post this in the LT1/LT4 section too.. You'll get way more responses..
Old 09-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Just pulled one if the plugs on the cold cylinders and the porcelain around the electrode was just flopping around... Compression is good on that cylinder
Old 09-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Just pulled one if the plugs on the cold cylinders and the porcelain around the electrode was just flopping around... Compression is good on that cylinder

Quick Reply: LT1/LT4 knock