Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Air Intake / Air filter setups Carbed SBC

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Intake / Air filter setups Carbed SBC

I have a 1995 Firebird Formula with the Predator ram air hood and I was wondering what kind of air filter and intake setup people are running with a carbed motor in their 4th gen. I want to avoid cutting up my car more than I already have. I already had to ditch my Performer RPM intake for a Performer to get the carb lower. I tried getting a carb hat with a 2 inch opening, but it definitely wasn’t enough. Any suggestions. I would really like to see some pictures.
Thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used the edelbrock pro-flo. I cut the base near completely off and reshaped the wire cover. You will also have to trim the foam and reshaped the clamp. But it works well. Mine is with performer rpm BTW. Heres a pic i took a while back when i finished messing with it.
Attached Thumbnails Air Intake / Air filter setups Carbed SBC-img_0002small.jpg  
Old 10-26-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

By the way, it still fits underneath the stock hood. I trimmed a little underneath the hood before hand. I dont know if i needed to or not but it doesnt hit. Im just waiting for the vfn taller ss hood so that i can get better air flow to it. But the stocker will do for now.

Quick Reply: Air Intake / Air filter setups Carbed SBC