Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

2.02 vs. 1.94 valves...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.02 vs. 1.94 valves...

Hello,

I have a friend with a cylinder head shop who has hooked me up with a set of heads. I was running a set of Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads,but I wanted to get rid of them. They made good power, but I've had trouble with breaking valvesprings and rocker arm studs.

Anyway,the new heads I'm getting are a copy of the Pro cylinder heads. I was really excited about getting these heads! However, when I went to get them my friend told me he put 1.94 intake valves in them. The Trick Flows had 2.02 valves.

Here's the deal: I'm getting these heads for next to nothing because he's trying to sell my Trick Flows. I can't get too upset with him because he's done me a favor and he's my best friend.

However, it seems like I've taken a step backward though. How much will this affect power and torque?? The engine is a 60 over 350 with a 280 Comp Magnum cam. I'll be going from a Perfomer RPM to an Air Gap with a Speed Demon 650 carb.

Like I said, I know this a good set of heads. I'm just not happy about the 1.94 valves.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Switching To 1.94 Valves Is Not A Step Backward Unless You Were Using All The Airflow Capacity That 2.02 Valves Can Deliver And I Don't Think You Are. Personally I Would Prefer To Have 1.94's If My Bore Is Less Than 4.125. The Intake Runner Shape Is What Determines What Size Valve The Heads Want. If You Experience A Differnce In Power It Will Because Of The Overall Head Design And Not Just A Difference In Valve Sizes.