Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

orlando sbc owners, can i borrow a cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default orlando sbc owners, can i borrow a cam?

my name's matt fairless, i'm currently a student at UTI. i'm in the middle of our power and performance classes, which essentially consist of building a stock sbc (course 1), and dropping it into a t bucket, then swapping heads, cam, intake and exhaust manifolds, and eventually slamming that sucker with a direct port 250 shot. basically i'm looking for a cheater cam. forged rods, hyperutectic pistons, stock crank. we'll have access to some aluminum heads, but i'd like to get ahold of a cam from someone local and toss the sucker in. they run fairly low compression (for safety), and only make about 250 whp off the bottle. if i could get it closer to 300 whp, we'd smoke everyone with the nitrous. i'm just looking to borrow a cam for about 3 weeks. it'll make about 6-10 dyno pulls then it's yours again. if i need to grease a palm or something i've got a case of guinnes that's yours. there's a couple loud mouth honda guys in the class that think they're gonna smoke the whole class. anyway, any help you could give would be much appreciated. if i can get a hold of a camera, i'll record the dyno run and post it up. thanks ahead of time for any help.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

oh come on, please? these douchebags are getting to bore their motor .060 over because the cylinder walls were pitted, they're getting a brand new set of .060 over pistons, plus rings, new cam bearings, main bearings, and rod bearings. i know they'll lose a bit of power because the new bearings will be tighter, but i know someone has a wacky *** cam sitting around somewhere. i'll micropolish the journals in trade. we've got a flowbench to play with too, need porting?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

no one has a cam just sitting in the garage? i've got tons of parts sitting around.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

they dynoed 220 to the wheels, with 280 tq, with a truck cam.

Quick Reply: orlando sbc owners, can i borrow a cam?