Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Thnking about getting back into the game... but ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thnking about getting back into the game... but ?

Missing my SS like crazy, and been looking at getting back into the sports car game. Just not sure if it's worth it with all of these F-bodies constantly getting pick off left and right. Curious if you guys think it's worth getting back into or should I pick a new hobby

Been awhile since I've been on the board since I sold my SS and picked up my truck. Love my truck and all ( will keep it for sure), just getting some input from the guys that have some insight since I've been gone for some time now.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 12-14-2010, 04:19 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Your state seems to be theft central for these cars. I wouldn't let that deter you from getting one, but I'd take all possible precautions to prevent becoming another statistic.

-Cover your VIN plate in the windshield
-Do not take the car out to bars or areas where crime is higher than normal
-Have an enclosed garage to keep it in at night

The biggest thing is being able to keep it inside at night. A lot of guys are getting theirs stolen in their driveway while they sleep. I personally wouldn't own an F-body in Louisiana unless I had a garage.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had been gone from the LSX community since 05 when I lost my job and had to sell my 98 Z. I love the bodylines of these cars and of course the drivetrain so I sold one of my Mustangs and sought a Formula as I wanted something different than last time. I couldn't be happier and the mod bug has bitten hard. I can't wait fro spring and the dragstrip to re-open. I say go for it and put it in the garage at night.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

go for it and buy my 99ss.