Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Nashville/Murfreesboro, TN folks...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nashville/Murfreesboro, TN folks...

I'm heading that way next weekend for a job interview and possible relocation to the area and am curious to what the residents have to say. What do you like/dislike about the area? From what I've seen on the net, cost of living is very reasonable. How about state inspections? Any good hunting or fishing neaby?

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll find anything you'd like to know about this area at www.mtfba.org . We do have emmissions testing with a visual inspection for cat. converter. OBDII is a plug test, OBDI or earlier is a sniffer. All cars 1975 -up must be tested. Lots of lakes in this area , too. Plenty of F-Body action.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

The emissions test is required by the county. My county doesn't. If you don't want emissions testing, just find a home in one of those counties.
Cost of living is good, climate is good. Loads of good hunting. I hear the fishermen are happy, but I grew up in MN so the fishing is no comparison. There's barely any water here compared to there.

Remember when you are here that it's the dog days of summer. hot and dry. Most of the year everything is much more pleasant.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point . Emmissions testing is required in Nashville (Davidson County ) and the counties surrounding it but is not required a little further out.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Launching!

I just graduated from MTSU which is in Murfreesboro and loved the city. Close enough to Nashville to be in the "city" but far enough out to avoid the hassle of it at times. I am about to relocate to that side of town in the next few months again... Just can't get enough I guess.

You will have to get out of the counties touching Nashville (Davidson County) to get out of emissions testing, b/c those all test.

Summer can be brutally hot at times. We have been near the triple digit mark for a while now, but only maybe a few days actually hit that. We do have 4 distinct seasons here. Spring and Fall are nice, and we race from February to November around here!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

I'm in Murfreesboro and really like it here. If you are moving here let me know, my family has the Prudential Real Estate franchise around here.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Middle Tennessee is a great place to live! Not a bad F-body club here either