Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Columbia, Culleoka, Franklin Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Columbia, Culleoka, Franklin Area

Hows it goin guys and gals? Currently I am attended Thaddues Stevens School of Technology and I am starting to look around the Columbia, Culleoka, Franklin area of Tennessee for a job. I probally have a better chance of finding something alittle further north in the Nashville area.

Since alot of you know the area better., I currently live in Central PA, what are some big MFG plants and what not? I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering and have plenty of shop experince running CNC Mills and CNC lasers.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, I am just trying to feel out where I should start to look.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to sound like am being a jerk but your professors at school or family are the best ways. I just started asking if they knew of companies that wanted interns. It is always nice when someone calls their cousin at blah blah blah and says hey I got a really bright kid here that needs a job. Most jobs come from social connections when the employer isn't hiring. If you get a lead that way it doesn't matter what's on your resume or application. They just hire you because they know you.

Def call up your teachers and people in previous classes that you knew. I am serious. Don't get discouraged if you don't find something ASAP. Even if it takes 4 months that is not too abnormal.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I agree. Good luck.