Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Nov. 17th Red River Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys still on for next Saturday (11/17 at Red River?)...I may come out from the Dallas area. Take care. Dave
Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

It's still a go. Just hope people show up!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

If i can put the cross hairs on a few deer this weekend then i might have a change of heart.

Wayne,tell molly and ken not to be stingy with the VHT at this event because this is probably the last race of the year and some of us would like to run a few new best if possible.

Weather outlook shows highs in the mid to upper 60s that day
Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Track opens at noon right?
Just wondering what time is good to show up.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Tyler/Longview People... meet up and caravan over to RRR?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Everyone coming Saturday 17th, 12 til 5 pm tell the girls at the gate you are with the LS1tech group so we can work out a little payout. Will be good to see everyone and the air should be great. We welcome our friends from Texas, Arkansas, & Louisiana to come and have a good time. We really need to get together and talk on future plans.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Teching In

well I went and did it again.
Tried gutting my cats yesterday and was puttin them back on when I snapped a stud off in the flange and now I have a leak and the #2 bank is running as rich as it will run.
Gotta try and fix it friday night and then get the codes deleted.Wish me luck.
I am gonna try like hell to make it out.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firemedic0135
well I went and did it again.
Tried gutting my cats yesterday and was puttin them back on when I snapped a stud off in the flange and now I have a leak and the #2 bank is running as rich as it will run.
Gotta try and fix it friday night and then get the codes deleted.Wish me luck.
I am gonna try like hell to make it out.

me too man, i snapped a bolt off about 2 weeks ago. it sucked so i took it too metals tech on base and they finally got it out. nice to hear youll try to make it out, ill try to make it out as well. oh but ill deff. be bringing the bandit if i go.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

I would like to think all that made it out for our last get together of the year. Jamie Smith & Ron Williams made it to the final round, with the old pro Ron winning over a very good young lady. I did not get their times, maybe Ron can post them. Most of us will be rebuilding over the winter ( fix'n broken **** ). Hope to see everyone in the spring, it was great meeting everyone from northeast Texas, southwest Arkansas, and northwest Louisiana. Everyone enjoy the holidays have a great Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, & a Happy New Year.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caddobass
I would like to think all that made it out for our last get together of the year. Jamie Smith & Ron Williams made it to the final round, with the old pro Ron winning over a very good young lady. I did not get their times, maybe Ron can post them. Most of us will be rebuilding over the winter ( fix'n broken **** ). Hope to see everyone in the spring, it was great meeting everyone from northeast Texas, southwest Arkansas, and northwest Louisiana. Everyone enjoy the holidays have a great Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, & a Happy New Year.
I was wondering what happened to Jamie, I was impressed with her consistancy. I know her pop is proud. I had a great time myself, blew up my bellow/tube due to a rich back fire (I forgot to turn on the bottle) but after that I loaded up the old speed density tune I did last year and ran a new best on all motor of 11.89

Last edited by WS6HUMMER; 11-17-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

I talked with her dad for awhile up in the water box area. Jamie raced go-carts where she kicked butt & now she is kicking our butts on the 1/4 mile. There was another young lady there with a white vett that ran a personal best high 10's. She didn't race in our bracket race and I did get her name, but I've forgot it ( getting old ). I really enjoy seeing the young ladies and men bringing their cars to the track and putting on a strong performance.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Rrr Racing

thanks for the complement caddobass. i mean the part about .....the old pro. thats streaching it a bit! i posted numbers.[.see other thread] got her by .007 for the win. she is a good racer and i talked to her and her parants after the race. they are nice people. she just ended up a little short .......hell, thats the story of my life! anyway the payout was 100.00 even if i lost it was fun racing with ya'll and thanks for your work setting this up. maybe next year we can have a better turnout. keep working on it and if you ever need any help,just let me know. i'm om the forum all the time,or red river. ....RON
Old 11-18-2007, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Ron we'll keep working at this til we get it right. We posted every place we could think of, looking to get a big turn out. Do you know if Jamie went up to get runner-up payout? We had other cars there that did not run in the bracket race, which I don't understand. Where else could you go to run T&T and get a little race on the side that cost nothing to win a little cash? We try our best to get it together, thanks to all.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by caddobass
Ron we'll keep working at this til we get it right. We posted every place we could think of, looking to get a big turn out. Do you know if Jamie went up to get runner-up payout? We had other cars there that did not run in the bracket race, which I don't understand. Where else could you go to run T&T and get a little race on the side that cost nothing to win a little cash? We try our best to get it together, thanks to all.
some of us didnt know how to bracket race, but we do now. and whats sad, my wife know how to bracket race, and probably is a better racer, but shes pregnant and couldnt. so ill def. give it a try next time.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Bracket racing is a blast once you figure it out. If you have an auto car its a breeze
Old 11-18-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

hummer everything is ok with the car huh?? i heard that thing when it blew man i thought the manifold done blew off. ohh im one of michael and jamies friends.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking rrr racing

caddo, i don't think there was runner up money. if there was they didn't say anything about it. of course it's up to to the racer to ask. jamie could always call the track and find out...................RON
Old 11-19-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea she got $50 almost forgot it!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Default Good Deal

Originally Posted by regency
yea she got $50 almost forgot it!!!!
Good deal, it's not much but there were 10 other men that got nothing.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

somethings better than nothing!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Nov. 17th Red River Raceway