Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Columbus, GA

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone send me a pm with a number. I want to hang out with some gm owners. I believe I've talked to jhelms before here on tech. I've got 2 camaro's a 2000 SS and a 97 z. Surely someone on here as seen the SS it's a black, H/C, torq thrust, duals car with oklahoma plates. I work on post at bldg 5500. I tried to get a gm club going a few years ago with a couple buddies but it ended up being 2-3 people always showing up so we gave up. I use to leave notes on the f-bodies on main post but never got any phone calls. Anyways I'll be back in august, the SS has been sitting for close to a year so I'm sure it will need some tlc.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sheikss
Can someone send me a pm with a number. I want to hang out with some gm owners. I believe I've talked to jhelms before here on tech. I've got 2 camaro's a 2000 SS and a 97 z. Surely someone on here as seen the SS it's a black, H/C, torq thrust, duals car with oklahoma plates. I work on post at bldg 5500. I tried to get a gm club going a few years ago with a couple buddies but it ended up being 2-3 people always showing up so we gave up. I use to leave notes on the f-bodies on main post but never got any phone calls. Anyways I'll be back in august, the SS has been sitting for close to a year so I'm sure it will need some tlc.
I think I saw your SS a year or so ago riding around, thing sounds MEAN!

All my contact info is here: www.loansfromjohn.com
Old 05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

If I get home in time friday night I'll swing by everything musical to see if anybody is there. If not I stop back by saturday night, I only live about a mile from there.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey jhelms, i saw in your video of your vette that you are injecting helium. is that a joke, or are you really shooting helium into it? if you are actually using helium what is the purpose for it and why use helium vs. NOS??? just asking to build my knowledge of what others are doing in the performance market.

thanks
karl
Old 05-30-2008, 04:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I already done posted that I hads an oil leak and the car isnt drivable yada yada... gonna try to fix today we shall see.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by firehawk238
hey jhelms, i saw in your video of your vette that you are injecting helium. is that a joke, or are you really shooting helium into it? if you are actually using helium what is the purpose for it and why use helium vs. NOS??? just asking to build my knowledge of what others are doing in the performance market.

thanks
karl
Yeah it was a joke, that part of the video is just sped up to 2x, and I thought it sounded like 'helium'. My car does have a procharger on it with methanol injection though, that part is 'real' :-)

Have some higher resolution vids here:

http://jhelms.smugmug.com/gallery/46...87494480_kAHHE

Including some drive by's and quick stickypod-used vids...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, here's what I ended up doing this week - teaching my 14 month old baby girl to read....

lol...
Old 06-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Hello... Just got stationed to Ft Benning.. Looking forward to hanging out with some F-body guys from here
Old 06-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wein77
Hello... Just got stationed to Ft Benning.. Looking forward to hanging out with some F-body guys from here

Welcome to the big city of Columbus. LOL
Next weekend there should be lil get together, stay tuned.
somebody will chime in by next weekend.

We are on here too. http://gafba.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4166
Old 06-01-2008, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Welcome man!! You have a pretty nice looking car. You should come out to one of our meets. We're trying to get more people to show up.

Hey Z51C6, sorry we all couldn't talk longer. My friend Jeremy was itching for some action, lol. It was nice meeting you though. Maybe next time I'll bring my car out and we can all just hang around.

TJ
Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tj1986c
Welcome man!! You have a pretty nice looking car. You should come out to one of our meets. We're trying to get more people to show up.

Hey Z51C6, sorry we all couldn't talk longer. My friend Jeremy was itching for some action, lol. It was nice meeting you though. Maybe next time I'll bring my car out and we can all just hang around.

TJ

Did the milkman find him some bear last night? Or did he just waste his gas on the stangs?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z51C6
Did the milkman find him some bear last night? Or did he just waste his gas on the stangs?
He ended up getting a little import killing action. After that we all settled down and just hung around. There were quite a few people at everything musical after everyone left Britt David. A guy in a Ferrari even showed up trying to race people for cash, lol. I finally got to meet a fellow member, DietCoke. He's a pretty cool dude with a mean little Saturn Sky. The night might of started slow but we ended up having a pretty good time in the end. Hopefully next time will be even better and I'll be able to bring my car out.

TJ
Old 06-01-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

He ended up getting a little import killing action. After that we all settled down and just hung around. There were quite a few people at everything musical after everyone left Britt David. A guy in a Ferrari even showed up trying to race people for cash, lol. I finally got to meet a fellow member, DietCoke. He's a pretty cool dude with a mean little Saturn Sky. The night might of started slow but we ended up having a pretty good time in the end. Hopefully next time will be even better and I'll be able to bring my car out.

TJ
Who was that? He might need a taste of my stock C5 with squeaky belt, lol

I think I've seen a red 360 or F430 convert around town a few times, but never up close.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jhelms
Who was that? He might need a taste of my stock C5 with squeaky belt, lol

I think I've seen a red 360 or F430 convert around town a few times, but never up close.
It wasn't the guy with the red one, but I know who you're talking about though. This one was bright yellow. Whoever he was he had quite a bit of money to put up for a race. I think if he saw you're Corvette he would've changed his attitude though, lol.

TJ
Old 06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

dang, it id have been there id ran him for a lil cash. if i lose i lose, but least id know where i stand against such a car. besides, most of the guys i know who own cars like that are afraid to drive them or dont know how. maybe he will be out in a few weeks..........

karl
Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firehawk238
dang, it id have been there id ran him for a lil cash. if i lose i lose, but least id know where i stand against such a car. besides, most of the guys i know who own cars like that are afraid to drive them or dont know how. maybe he will be out in a few weeks..........

karl
Who knows, he may come out again next time. It sucks that you were out of town this time though. I'm sure that you would've had a good time. By the way, how long are you going to be gone?

TJ
Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

It wasn't the guy with the red one, but I know who you're talking about though. This one was bright yellow. Whoever he was he had quite a bit of money to put up for a race. I think if he saw you're Corvette he would've changed his attitude though, lol.

TJ
Hmm... I would be VERY interested in the details of that guy / that car... any idea what his name was? There's only a couple of those around. Was it local, Musc / Harris tag?

Might have to do some investigating... how much was he wanting to bet? And which model was it?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jhelms
Hmm... I would be VERY interested in the details of that guy / that car... any idea what his name was? There's only a couple of those around. Was it local, Musc / Harris tag?

Might have to do some investigating... how much was he wanting to bet? And which model was it?
It was either a 355 or 360 spyder or something like that. All I really remember were the tail lights. If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, he also has an FD RX7 and a Range Rover. You'll know it's him because all of his cars are painted a real loud yellow color, lol. Everyone said he was willing to bet $2300. If it was a 355 I wouldn't really worry about it because they weren't that impressive, but you never know. It was my first time ever seeing him at everything musical so who knows if he'll even show up again.

TJ
Old 06-01-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

from a dig ill just put my money up for milkman and split it with him once he waxes the guy. i gotta see some cash up front though, none of this "i need to go to the ATM" crap. ill be back in GA later this month. ill be back for a few days in the middle, but will have my son and the equals not too much street racing for me, but he would get a kick out of all the cars. he loves cars, especially the hawk.

karl
Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm not convinced that ferrari was stock. It had a nasty nasty lope to it.

Quick Reply: Columbus, GA