Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

30th Anniversary Camaro SS questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30th Anniversary Camaro SS questions

Hello so I am probably about to get my hands on a 97 Camaro Ss 30th Anniversary edition. I was wondering why the car has the C5 Zr1 wheels rather than the white 5 spoke wheels. Is it option or was it added buy a previous customer? The car has been modified by SLP. Do the wheels mean that it is the Lt4 edition. Sorry I am unfamiliar with these specific models.
EDIT: It also has custom hood and I functional hood scoop and has had SLP exhaust added along with graphics.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking to purchase a 1997 SS 30th for a few years but couldn't find a decent one at a fair price. And any one I saw was white on white on white. Never saw chrome rims.

This thread will tell you a lot, and could save you a lot of money. If it is a real LT4, wow. I never knew they existed and definitely got me curious.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/special-e...determine.html
Old 06-30-2016, 06:56 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a quite a bit of information out there about the LT4 97 SS as they are extrememly low production and highly collectible/desirable vehicles. Based on your description without knowing much more I would say the previous owner probably swapped the wheels.

The rarity of the LT4 car I am hard pressed to think someone is going to "luck" into one of these. People know what they are and they sell accordingly.

With that being said even the LT1 97 SS is a nice car and I would recommend if it is a decent price and good condition buy it if you like it. They are good vehicles (a little biased) and have low production numbers. ALthough yes an LT I will tell you in 15 years I will be willing to pay a decent price to buy a nice clean model.

Quick Reply: 30th Anniversary Camaro SS questions