Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Looking for 1996 Camaro SS #1360.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 04:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Looking for 1996 Camaro SS #1360.

I bought the car new and sold it to get my 01 WS6. I would like to find it again.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:37 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been through this scenario before with some success...

First off you need to have the VIN# or you are NOT going to get anywhere.

Posting on a few message boards is good but also try to see if you can look up any service records at your local dealer with the VIN#.That might give you a clue as to where you can turn.I had a good friend do that for me when I was trying to track down my old 98'TA and was successful that way.

Unfortunately,the woman who now owns the TA wanted an incredible amount of money for the car because she got a HORRIBLE deal on it...I couldn't meet what she wanted and didn't want to pay that much for it any way,so...it didn't happen...but,I did find it!

You don't have any records of the sale?Or did you trade it in?

If trade in,hound the dealer until they give in some,usually they send them off to auction though...At these auctions smaller dealers get a hold of these cars and sell them on their lots...It could have ended up anywhere with in the state and even close by states...usually they remain in state...

Carfax can also help you out in determining where (at least down to a city) the car is...You won't get a name or address but,if it has been registered or inspected by the new owner,it should show up pretty soon on a Carfax.

Just some ideas if you haven't thought of them already...

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

I have the vin # but not here with me in Iraq. I was hoping that by some small chance someone would know something. When I get home I will dig the vin # up and check out carfax and see what I can fine. Thanks for your help dude.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:31 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6 #4541
I have the vin # but not here with me in Iraq. I was hoping that by some small chance someone would know something. When I get home I will dig the vin # up and check out carfax and see what I can fine. Thanks for your help dude.
Cool,and thank YOU for your service man...

Quick Reply: Looking for 1996 Camaro SS #1360.