new GM crate motors, 5.3 and 6.0 L92 headed

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new GM crate motors, 5.3 and 6.0 L92 headed

Our dealership bought some over runs from General Motors last November when the SUV sales and the economy in general tanked. These are brand new engines that were destined for new truck production. Complete from intake manifold to oil pan. includes throttle body, injector, water pump, exhaust manifold, etc as pictured. They are all gen IV motors that are drop ins for 2007 and up models. the 4.8 and 5.3 engines are fairly easy drop ins for older pre 2007 LS and Vortec truck motors as they have the cathedral port LS6 heads found on the gen III small blocks. The 6.0 engines are square port LS3/L92 style heads along with variable valve timing so would require more work in a retrofit to a pre 07 vehicle. any of these would make great starts for older musclecars, jeep conversions, etc. if you have a later model work truck, flood damaged engine, etc you won't find a better deal on a drop in factory new motor. The pic below is one of the 5.3 engines, the other motors are just as complete.
4.8 motors (LY2)go for $1200
5.3 motors (LH5) go for $2200
6.0 motors (LY6) go for $3000

all brand new, never fired, in the factory crates. iron block truck motors with aluminum heads. We are a GM dealer and can make good deals on wiring harness, ecm, drive accessories, or anything else you may need with a motor purchase as long as it is through factory GM performance parts program. I also have a limited number of LS3 corvette intakes and throttle body sets for those of you looking to turn the 6.0 into a iron block LS3 monster. They are complete with injectors and rails. $700 with the purchase of a motor only. We are also a distributor for www.mastmotorsports.com for options on keeping the benefits of the VVT setup on the 6.0 in your older vehicles.

********Click below for more information and multiple pictures of each motor.*************
http://hummer.sewellparts.com/engines

Discounts available for multiple purchases.
Shipping coast to coast from Texas to a business for $150.
contact via email is best at gkring@sewell.com

Last edited by sewellparts; 02-16-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the business guys, we still have a handful of each left and down to a single 4.8. if you are interested let us know and we will see what we can do. Once these are gone we don't know if we will be able to get them again. Gm made their mistake once with overproduction and I don't expect them to do that again.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:36 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I know it's been a while but I'm looking for a 5.3. Even if there are none left, how much are they listed for?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by renegade4e
I know it's been a while but I'm looking for a 5.3. Even if there are none left, how much are they listed for?
You truck guys crack me up, they are Former Vendor for a reason! Even if they had any motors in the first place its been over two year now!!

Quick Reply: new GM crate motors, 5.3 and 6.0 L92 headed