Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trans Am Coupe Stock Tweeter Question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am Coupe Stock Tweeter Question?

Are the wires going to the rear tweeters on a stock monsoon trans am coupe filtered in anyway? I know they come right from the deck, but I need to know if they have a full range signal going to them, I am asking because I want to use those wires for a speaker lever to RCA adapter, rather than tapping into the amp input wires. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 AM
On The Tree

did that on my 00 got alot of feedback ended up just getting a aftermarket h/u less of a pain in the *** IMO
Old 10-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The four tweeters in Firebird Monsoon systems all have inline high pass filters so you won't get a full range signal at the tweeters. Besides, the Monsoon amp is just as convenient to access as the right rear tweeter so why not just tap into the amp input wires. The amp pinout and wire colors are in the Monsoon FAQ sticky.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The four tweeters in Firebird Monsoon systems all have inline high pass filters so you won't get a full range signal at the tweeters. Besides, the Monsoon amp is just as convenient to access as the right rear tweeter so why not just tap into the amp input wires. The amp pinout and wire colors are in the Monsoon FAQ sticky.
Yeah, I saw the post on all the monsoon specs, mainly I ask, because i have a CETA, and do not want to cut or modify the wiring harness in any way. I was just going to unhook the rear tweeters alltogether and use them
Old 10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get a forward and reverse harness do it behind the radio no cutting at all

or just use wire taps u can always pull em out later no one will ever know