Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone ever have this problem??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone ever have this problem??

When ever you lock or unlock your doors with the remote, the headlights come up then down, then the passenger side motor for the light makes a noise like it won't shut off?(it will after 5 sec.) Also it does it when i turn the lights on/off manually with the switch. Is it the motor? Or is it a wire somewhere? Anyone know? Thanks...
Old 09-09-2003, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Default Re: Anyone ever have this problem??

I guess no one ever had this problem. Started happening after i got a jump from another vehicle.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

its related to your headlight motor gear begin stripped.

Relace the gear, or do the "180 reverse" mod, and you should be ok, do a search for headlight motor, and you will find a lot more info on it.

Ryan.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

That would explain the noise after they go down. But, why when i unlock or lock my doors with the remote they go up then down?
Even if the gear is stripped why would the headlights do that? Thought it would be something electrically has burned out.. So i would start in this post? The dealer wants a 100 bucks just to look at so i figured i would start here to get an idea.. Can that gear being stripped cause the lights to do that?
Old 09-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey waterbug, you sent me an email and directed me to this post so I'll reply here for ya

The gear in your headlight motor is stripped. With the gear being stripped, it "freaks out" the headlight control module. What you'll notice (or could notice) in conjunction with a stripped gear is that now your headlights will pop up then go back down when arming your alarm. Or, they may even pop up and stay up when using just the fogs. Once you fix the stripped gear problem these other little gremlins will go away as well. I have info here about doing the free fix. With some luck that might work for you!

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/

Old 09-16-2003, 06:59 AM
10 Second Club

Thats exactly what i was trying to find out. Thanks for the Info. Brent!!
Old 09-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i just want to let you know that u dont really need to use the directions given on that site....they are showing a older model firebird/camaro....if u have the newer one....98-02 u can do it much easier(I just had to do it)....use the manul raise **** and raise the light...then look at the lever that raises the light...you will see that the joint goeses to a a small axel from the motor...it is held on with a bolt that you need to remove...then u have to pull the joint off...let me tell you its nearly impossible...even with liquid wrench its tough....then use the manual **** to turn the motor ****....it goes slow but make sure you watch the axel that held the joint...that is what must be rotated 180 degrees....then put it back together lower the light and it will electronically rebalance