Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Lock Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power Lock Problems

Tried a search for my power lock problems but nothing came up. When I first got my car the locks worked perfecly fine, then a few months ago they just completely stopped working one day. Then on Wednesday of last week I washed my car and was armoralling the interior and started rubbing the lock switch with my cloth and they started working(which scared the crap out of me cuz the garage was dead silent). I tried them again not even five minutes later and they didn't work. Tried maybe half an hour after that..worked perfectly fine. Worked intermittently for a few days and then drove the car to work and haven't got them to work since.

Car is a 95. Has power locks and that's it.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Alright guys I went to advanced auto to get a multimeter to test the circuits and what not and made a nice discovory. When the locks arent working the fuse for them doesn't have power either....so that rules out the posibility of the switches being bad. So where do I go from here guys cuz i'm not to sure what to do. The wiring on this car is a mess. Whoever installed the remote keyless entry and start needs to not do another car ever again. If this helps at all the brake lights also went out too. And along with them at the exact same time the radio. The domelights and mirror lights don't work either...along with the door ding. And I also can't forget about the hatch release. DAMN there is a lot of wiring messed up on my car.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Launching!

COme on guys........anybody?????
Old 01-11-2009, 02:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check all grounds. Bad grounds cause funny things.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 4WOFURY
Check all grounds. Bad grounds cause funny things.
I've looked around a lot and haven't found anything.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Well I've got to say i've got a weird car. So about 20 mins ago I went to Caseys to get the sunday paper came back and shut the car off with the lights on and the dinger WORKED. OMG IT ****** WORKED HOLY ****
Anyways so it dings with the key in the off positin and on accesory but not on on. Is this normal??? Stops dinging when I open either door is this normal????
Thanks a bunch guys.