Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Little confused????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little confused????

ok well my rear hatch pop hasnt been working and i cant understand why? you press the button and nothing happens, but heres the strange part it acts like the hatch is popped and when i set the alarm it only honks once. Could it be the motor in the hatch pop is fucked or what???
Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

When you say nothing happens, do you mean NOTHING at all or the hatch just doesnt pop. Do you hear the solenoid click when you push the button or is there no mechanical sound at all when you push it. If you do hear the solenoid check out this site, if not it may be a relay issue or something else.

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm

Go to Lsx, than miscellaneous, and read the two rear hatch release fix's. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

no nothing happens no noise at all, i push the button and nothing. Then i go to lock the car and it beeps only once, i dont get why though. It acts like its getting the signal but the hatch isnt doing anything.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Have you had any recent work performed on your car? Alarm, ignition, etc? The reason I ask is because it MAY be possible that the plug itself is not connected to the button. Or maybe it somehow came loose. I think it takes 4 or 6, 7mm or 10mm bolts to remove the panel just below the steering wheel and see if the connection is attached to the trunk release button. If it is not, problem solved... plug it in.

If it is....follow the wire to a relay or where ever it goes and test for an output (probably a bad relay).... if powere is good, grab a buddy and have them push the button while your at the trunk testing for signal with a multi meter. Should read 12v or maybe even ground when the button is pushed. I am not sure, as I have never had to trouble shoot this particular situation (probably 12v though). If you have power, which I doubt you will since there is NO noise, well go from there. Good luck...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

ill try that out tomorrow and see how it goes, thanks bro.