Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stealthboxes

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Stealthboxes

Do these fit/sound good in a convertible as much as ttop/hardtop cars.

Anyone have it used or tips to how get started on makin your own?
Old 06-13-2009, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My box is in the large well in the bottom of the trunk. i have two JL Audio 13" woofers installed in it!! i bought a pre-fab speaker box for a t-top, since i couldnt find one for a vert. i then modified it by shaving off the back ege of the box, then make a notch in the front of the box so it would drop in.

Looks great!!!

I removed my spare tire, and a building an amp rack (as we speak) the same size and shape as the spare tire. My amp will sit flush in it. The amp rack will mount in the vehicle using the original spare tire mounting bolt and wing nut!! No holes!!!
I am exhausting the heat from the amp enclosure into the inner rear fender wells using a 12 volt fan!! Totally stealth. I can also make a spare tire shaped sub box to hold one 10" sub or two 8" subs!! This will give much more air space than other designs. My friend has been a cabinet maker for over 20 years, and is making them for me to use. Mine will be the prototypes. We will build others at 200 each, for the amp rack ore either sub boxes!! They will be airtight, and well constructed and braced. i am an MECP certified installer (as a hobby) he builds custom cabinets for a living. Hope this helps!
Hugh