Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kenwood DNX6140 issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kenwood DNX6140 issue

got it installed and its great, the only thing i cant figure out is how do i switch it so the rear/sub output is on the sub? I have the front output hooked up to my amp which powers my speakers and the sub/rear output to my amp for my sub but i get nothing out of it, i know it is working because when i initially turned it on i had the RCAs switched so the front output was hooked up to the sub and it worked, but i am getting nothing out of the sub/rear output.

I found the setup screen where it shows to switch it but it just says rear and wont let me select sub. Anyone know how i can get this fixed?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Go to:
- Setup Menu
- System Setup
- Page 3
- Preout setup
select "Sub"

Go to:
- Setup Menu
- Audio Setup
- Subwoofer
select "On"

BTW, these settings won't work unless you have already selected an audio source (tuner, USB, etc.).

Isn't the owner's manual a wonderful thing?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Go to:
- Setup Menu
- System Setup
- Page 3
- Preout setup
select "Sub"

Go to:
- Setup Menu
- Audio Setup
- Subwoofer
select "On"

BTW, these settings won't work unless you have already selected an audio source (tuner, USB, etc.).

Isn't the owner's manual a wonderful thing?
Ah but you missed one thing that was not in the manual, you have to put it on stand by first. I did just what you said but it wouldnt let me select sub, the "rear" setting was no selectable to change
Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by transambandit
Ah but you missed one thing that was not in the manual, you have to put it on stand by first. I did just what you said but it wouldnt let me select sub, the "rear" setting was no selectable to change
Sorry about that...it's not in my 5120 manual but I now remember it being mentioned on sounddomain. I guess they updated the new manuals.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the putting it in standby deal is what gets everyone
Old 06-21-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

okay i figured out the problem with my sound, was my own user error, i had put the RCA cables in the top output and middle, well the top output is for L/R and not for fronts, and the middle is for sub, the bottom is for fronts. So i switched the top to the bottom and now it sounds awesome, should have some pics of it tomorrow. Bezel wasnt too hard, at first i used some plastic putty but that sucked *** and didnt harden so then what i did was cut 2 pieces of cardboard where the bondo needed to go, put a ton of bondo on it, let it harden over night then sanded off all the excess with a palm sander. Made the necessary cuts to the top and bottom and filled in any spots with putty that needed it. Then i used some heavy duty adhesive and wrapped it in black vinyl. Came out pretty nice though it was hard to wrap some of the curves. Its not perfect but you can barely notice the imperfections with it on. If i end up not liking it i have plenty of vinyl left over to redo it.

Quick Reply: Kenwood DNX6140 issue