Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Drivers side, through firewall

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Drivers side, through firewall

What's the easiest place on the drive side firewall to get a wire through? I don't really want to drill another hole in the firewall but didn't see any obviously easy places to run wire.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just to clarify, I know about the passenger side PCM access...just don't want to run an extra 8 feet of cable..
Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulu
Just to clarify, I know about the passenger side PCM access...just don't want to run an extra 8 feet of cable..
8 extra feet of wire? How do you figure that? If you're wiring an amp just run it off the battery and back over the passenger side... Thats what i did
Old 07-06-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default well

Well it wasn't for an amp, was just a wire I needed to run. I figured the speaker guys would know all the best places, I ended up drilling a 1/2 inch hold underneath the large wire bundle under the drives side dash and slapping a grommet in there so it didn't ground out.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulu
Well it wasn't for an amp, was just a wire I needed to run. I figured the speaker guys would know all the best places, I ended up drilling a 1/2 inch hold underneath the large wire bundle under the drives side dash and slapping a grommet in there so it didn't ground out.
That'll be fine. You can slap in some silicone or jb weld in there if you ever have to take the wire out.