Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

GM Keyless Entry System

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GM Keyless Entry System

When I bought my car in 01' it didn't come with Keyless Entry. I talked to the dealership there and they sold me a Keyless entry system (GM Part number, but don't remember) which had 2 GM style key fobs in the kit to. I had it installed and the installer had the ability to synch the brain with the fobs.

Since then, I deployed back in 2005 and the battery died. They have not worked since we got the car started up after that. I went to the dealership to find info/instruction's on how to reset it, no luck. Apparently the part/parts are discontinued or no longer offered. Nogo on original instructions. I have looked twice to find a reset button/switch in the "brain" of the system. No luck either. I have also tried the battery in the key fob.

Any ideas on how to reset/synch the two?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think shoebox has instructions for the keyless. thats how i figured out how to program a 2nd remote for my 95.

here you go. It says 96-97 but that might work for 98-02 as well

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#1996keyless
Old 07-17-2009, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay.. the keyless entry system in F-Body's is mearly the BCM behind your glove compartment. Lemme find my original writeup and post it, it is exactly what I did to add keyless entry to my car.

EDIT:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...l#post10726798
Old 07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I think I've pointed ya'll in the wrong direction. Thanks for the responses.

The BCM was not replaced. It was an aftermarked "module" from GM that hooked up like a separate system. It was a box, with two sets of wires that were hooked up where necessary.

I like the writeup on adding Keyless entry. I may do that if I can't get this to work.

Quick Reply: GM Keyless Entry System