Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Which CL-6's does Kee use for sail speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which CL-6's does Kee use for sail speakers?

His site lists several, emailed him already. Anyone who knows, please let me know. I didn't see dual voice coil as a description, guessing the Bazookas are the only ones that are. After looking at someones posted pics, they are the CL-6 6.5" speakers. Any trick to the wiring other than just making them work with solder or another connector?

Last edited by Redlinez; 07-22-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, there is only one CDT CL-6 and it is a SVC woofer with extended range.
I have 2 DVC woofers I carry which are the Audipipe TS_V6 and the Bazookas. I will have more 200 Bazookas in stock at the end of the month. Just waiting on them to get here.
Wiring is simple, just cut the connectoroff the old speaker and solder it to the new. You can also use crimp on connectors to attach to the new speaker. The TS-V6's have screw in terminals so attaching the wires is easier.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

At the $100-120 range, which should I buy? What difference would I hear if I went SVC? I didn't see those other ones. Trying to keep the stock deck/amp, but you never know. I haven't heard anyone speak of the Audipipes.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I have the Audiopipes in my car and I'm very satisfied with them. They may not be a big name brand but they seem well built, are very easy to install, and sound far better than stock.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Cool, thanks. Of course, I won't be in my house until July 31, so I wonder if I should get the zookas.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard great things about the bazookas....I was thinking about ordering a pair for the sail panels
Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both work very well with the stock system. The Audiopipes are a little easier on the install because they have screw in terminals which allows you to cut the stock connector off and screw them in. The negative of this is that they mounted the terminals to the spider (instead of the basket) which can be dislodged if you press down to hard with your screw driver while tightening the screws. Easily fixed with a little superglue but it has happened to a couple of people who were too vigorous with the screw driver.
The Bazookas have standard spade type terminals but can still be very easily installed with either solder or a crimp on type connector to the stock connectors. The Bazookas do handle more power as I actually did in a test on them. They handled way more then advertised as I hit it hard with my sub channel on my amp to see how much they'd take before blowing up. It didn't blow up. The TS-V6 did blow up but it was a little over triple what it was rated for and with heavy bass. Way more then you'd ever throw at them though a Monsoon system or even a moderately powerful aftermarket amp. Plus I was trying to blow it up to see how much abuse it would take...I don't recommend doing this of course.
I have TS-V6's in stock and will have 100 pairs of Bazookas in stock at the end of this month.