Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Please help with a friends system!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with a friends system!

Alright it isn't an f-body but we are about to go crazy. I figured some of yall might know what's wrong.

The car is an 06 Honda Civic. I am putting in a Dual head unit with a flip out screen for him.

The stock harness was cut for this and we figured out the power and everything and while we were doing the speakers the ground and positive on the headunit power touched and blew the fuse.

Today we got fuses and replaced it and still no power to the harness going to the headunit. The headunit will turn on if given a 12 volt source.

What could be wrong that it wouldn't be getting power at the harness?

Also the power locks don't work either. We have tried replacing all the fuses in the fuse box and checked each and every one of them.

I would really appreciate any help you guys could give, he really wants this to be in as soon as possible.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you check both fuse boxes, under dash and under hood
Old 09-04-2009, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep we checked every fuse on the car. Also the lights on the dash have slowly started to dim more and more every day. I have no clue what's going on, or whats wrong. We really need some help