Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HELP with CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP with CD Player

So I'm rockin out to some MJ (billie jean btw) the other day and suddenly the stock Monsoon CD player just stops playing and ejects my CD. Now I get this "err" message on the display. The radio still functions properly, but I can hear the unit's ejection mechanisms go on every few seconds. It's like it thinks there's a CD caught somewhere but there's nothing in the player. Any CD I put in gets spit out. Anybody got any ideas before I start ripping my dash apart? I haven't tried anything yet. Maybe disconnecting the battery for a bit would help? Idk. Any ideas?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You could try disconnecting the battery, but make sure theftloc is not enabled. Read the FAQ or use the search button to learn how to disable the antitheft feature.

If all else fails you can unplug the ribbon cable inside the headunit going to the CD drive so it doesn't make any more noises, but then you can't use the CD drive. If you can find a used Delco headunit (doesn't have to say Monsoon on it, but it should be from a 4th gen F-body) you can pull it apart and unscrew the drive itself from the donor unit, and install it in your headunit.

If I were you I'd just buy a new/used headunit... If you want to keep OEM status, I have a tape Monsoon headunit but no CD changer unit. I'm sure you can find anything you need here on Tech for cheap.