Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question regarding amp wiring for a MONO amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding amp wiring for a MONO amp

Hi I'm currently installing my amp as we speak and I have asked the installer at Best Buy to double check if the rca's and remote wire have to be seperate from the power wire. He said that since its a mono amp it doesnt matter only 2/3/4 channels have a problem with that. Is this true? I would rather not have to tear up the driver side if I dont have to but I WANT to do it RIGHT so I just need to know if this is true or not.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is he talking about!I have never heard about seperating the power from the rca only with a 2/3/4 channel amp.That's hilarious to me. I always run my power wires with the remote turn on seperate from the rca cables. I don't want to take any chance of noise getting into the system.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with a sub odds are it wont matter, its a higher pitched wine and your lowpass filter on a sub generally cuts it out. i have ran them together more then once for sub installs.

Also with that note its only the power wire that effects your rcas. a remote or speaker wire wont effect it