Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio premium package review w/ stock H/U:

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kee Audio premium package review w/ stock H/U:

I picked up the CDT premium pack from Ian at Kee Audio a couple of weeks ago. I'd never done speakers in a car before, so I ran into minor difficulties with the install, but with the help and advice I picked up here, all is well now.

My review of the setup:

Ease of install for a rookie. Good spot to get your feet wet. You'll need a soldering iron, some solder, a coupe of feet of red and black wire to extend and organzie the stock wiring, and about two hours. (If you can get the door panels back on. 4 if you're like me, and can't. )

Use the sticky for wiring code, and check out my last thread for killer advice for sail panel speaker install.

Fit and finish is absolutely stock. No modifications needed, the new speakers slide right into the old spots. Big thumbs up there.

Sound quality is very good. Mind you, I'm on a stock H/U, and don't have a CD player, so it's radio only.

With the speaker upgrade alone, the sound quality will not take your breath away, but over stock speakers, it is not even comparable. Clarity and depth are improved a hundred fold.

I've been told the single greatest upgrade we can do for sound in our cars is to 86 the stock head unit and get something decent. I've already purchased a new unit, and when I get my bezzle in, I'll do the install and write up another quick review.

My hat is off to Ian @ Kee Audio for all the time and advice he gave me. Overall, I'm very impressed with the shop. They're busy, so email and PM can require patients. If you're in a hurry, I would suggest a phone call. Ian and I probably swapped 25 emails and PM's before I gave him a dime. The man is a saint.

Last edited by CaptUSA; 04-29-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian is great. Helped me out with some questions on other stuff when i was buying my Amp rack from him.