Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

whats up with the stock lil speakers lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up with the stock lil speakers lol

yea i mean the stock lil 4inch wanna b 6*9s lol wierd my car speakers in the back sound blown but sumtimes it actually sounds good guessing a amp problem ?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Teching In

change em out. 6x9's are not the way to go though, they distort at high dbs. Just slap a 4' component set in there. I thought they were 6x9's too lol
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM

Most professionals I have referenced this to and other on here have agreed to totally ditch the back speakers, cut the weight and wasted wiring in sound your ears wont be able to decipher anyways.

Focas the "watts" on the front and sail 6.5"s and a High quality component up front.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that they are not really necessary in the grand scheme of the sound in these cars. Attention should be focused on the front doors first, then the rear sails, and then maybe the hatch.
As for the rear hatch themselves a 4" component set is kind of expensive to replace the stock one with and is really not necessary. That's why I use a 4" coaxial back there for my packages since it does the job of rear fill just fine without the expense of a component set.