Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best Stock Monsoon Door panel Speaker Replacement?? Maro

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best Stock Monsoon Door panel Speaker Replacement?? Maro

Monsoon system 02 Camaro. On My previous z the door speakers were blown. I read lots of threads about infinitys blah blah and I couldnt find any to buy anywhere or any other that were 2/4 ohm in 1 speaker. I bought GM replacements and BAM they sounded good and clear and I was happy. threw in a sub in the rear and BOOM it was way good enough for me.

Just thought I'd ask what other options if any popped up in the last year or so. I see Kee audio has a replacement set but am unsure if they are 2/4 ohm in the doors etc and are direct plug in and will sound better than stock. I tried calling but got a machine with options like jewellery and kids clothing etc :/

Another thought was to get a 4 ohm mid and plug it into the door and run the tweeter wire to a 2 ohm tweeter that I can mount on the door mirror trim.

I'm all ears !
Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

CDT from Kee Audio. Hands down.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What number did you call?? That wasn't me...you must have gotten the number wrong. 770-402-1884
Best time is after 2:00pm.
For the Camaro I recommend the CDT CL-61CV because it works in either car well (Camaro or Firebird).
The Camaro has coaxials (tweeter mounted in the center of the speaker) but they are wired like seperate components so you have 2 pairs of wires going to one speaker. Since most coaxials have 1 pair of pos and neg this poses an issue when replacing them.
The CL-61CV is a component set that can beconverted to a coaxial with supplied hardware and wires up like stock with your seperate tweeter and midbass provisions.
Check the number again or just shoot me an email. I got your PM and repsonded there as well.
-Ian
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So are the CDT speakers 2 AND 4 ohm? so they will work like the factory door speaker etc?

Quick Reply: Best Stock Monsoon Door panel Speaker Replacement?? Maro