Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Dvd Reciever

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dvd Reciever

Im debating getting a in dash dvd plaver/ radio. Im not sure if I want to get the double din or single or a flipout. What are you guys using and is there any brand I shoudl avoid all together? Just trying to get some ideas before I make a purchase.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double DIN looks the best of all but requires the most work and cost. Flip out has the largest screen available right now at 8.3" and is actually a nice unit that suprised me when I saw all metal gears and that it was a quiet unit as well. Expansion to navigation was also an option so it was pretty cool for under $399.00. Smalller screen options start around $200.00-$250.00.
Single DIN DVD screens are the easiest to install and have the smallest screens but offer great sound and multimedia options. They are generally less expensive over the other 2 options but still have DVD playback and can be expanded to other screens if desired as they have A/V outs.
Brands to look out for has become harder as alot of the El Cheapo stuff has gotten much better in the last couple of years. I would still avoid Pyle, Pyramid, Dual, and a few others but even those have gotten better over the last year. I've tried a couple of them and they work pretty well and have some cool features for not alot of money. They also fill up the 1.5DIN opening well because alot of them have single DIN chassis but have a 1.5DIN face plate. This does stick out a little but done with a flat face install kit keeps it to a minimum.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an avic-f700bt double din, the only problem with a double din is the bezel, you have to either pay 100+ dollars for a custom bezel or modify your OEM which is what I did.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Ian I emailed you earlier at your webstite. Ive got a buddy who has the jvc avx77 installed in his car and loves it. Is that the best price you can do on those? I got my surround speakers in today I ordered from you as well. Let me know.
Thanks
Old 07-16-2010, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

I had a flip out in my car for a while and liked it. The only thing that kind of bugged me was that it blocked the center vents.