Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Subthump box vs 12 cd changer ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile Subthump box vs 12 cd changer ?!?!

Ok so the ss I bought had the 12 cd changer option although the previous owner said IT was broken and disconnected it. There is a bolt visible in the cubby floor that my sub thump box would fit in. Should i just grind the bolt off? I don't plan to put a 12 cd changer back there ever. Any other alternatives that I have ?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My personal opinion, ditch the changer.
Changers are almost like 8 tracks now adays. With aftermarket decks that have USB inputs in them it really negates the need for a changer considering how many albums you can get on a 2-4gb stick.
I also have wireless FM modulators that work pretty well. It took me a few stations to get one that came in really well but after that it sounded great. This little modulator has a USB input, aux input and an SD card reader all in one little modulator. I just plug my USB drive into it in my wifes truck and it plays over her radio perfectly. It even has a wireless remote to change songs. So you can get all the benefits of a USB input on your stock radio for $29.00. It's a pretty cool little device.

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 07-21-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds really cool, I'll check your site for that. I do plan to keep the stock monsoon deck at least for now. The 12 cd changer is already gone just the harness remains. I gues I cam just shave off the mounting bolt with a dremel and slide my sub thump box in there since I don't plan to use a 12 changer again.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the link to it: http://www.keeaudio.com/id131.html
It did take a few stations to get one that came in well but if your radio gets radio stations in well it shouldn't be an issue. Plus you have over 200 stations to find one that comes in well. It really makes your stock radio get all the multimedia options you would get on an aftermarket radio.