Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Adding another amp?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding another amp?

Could I add another Monsoon amp to the stock stereo system somehow? I like the concealed look where the amp isn't showing or baking in the sun... I was thinking if another stock monsoon amp could be mounted in the driver side rear wheel well and routed to work together? I wouldn't be interested in subs and a box, just upgrading to new speakers in the factory places.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:49 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure I follow. If your just replacing the speakers in the stock locations, why would you need another Monsoon amp??
You do realize you cannot hook those together to make a more powerful amp. It would sound like garbage. For instance you can't take 2 amps and hook them to the same pos an neg on one speaker. That doesn't work. You would have to have the other amp powering a totally different set of speakers.
If you want more power you have to go with an aftermarket amp with more power. The Monsoon amp is maxed out as it is. For more output/wattage you have to buy a more powerful amp.
There are small amps that would fit back there out of site that can run the whole system. A small 5-channel would work well for that.