Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

power windows/radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power windows/radio not working

hey this has been an ongoing issue that is only getting worse, i have read up on posts, about similar issues, i heard the retained accessory power(RAP) box that allows you to put down windows and still run the radio while key is off and out of ignition, breaks, i have read that wiring going into the box can fail, i've read that the door open/closed switch goes bad, i have checked and rechecked all of these, even gone as far as switching out the box with a friends.... nothing will fix this problem, has anyone found any additional answers out with this problem
Old 07-24-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe a fuse???? Don't know much but maybe your window motors are out or you need a new battery????
Old 07-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Banned

Default problem solved

after years of dealing with this issue, we pull out the bcm box opened it and found a small solder that was cracked on the circuit board from power surging, im sure replacing the bcm and getting a new key from gm which would of costed a pretty penny would have fixed this as well but it was the only issue with the bcm and didn't cost me anything so thanks, i really hope that this can/will help someone else with this annoying issue finally put to rest
Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FBodyRider9902
after years of dealing with this issue, we pull out the bcm box opened it and found a small solder that was cracked on the circuit board from power surging, im sure replacing the bcm and getting a new key from gm which would of costed a pretty penny would have fixed this as well but it was the only issue with the bcm and didn't cost me anything so thanks, i really hope that this can/will help someone else with this annoying issue finally put to rest
I've had that problem since buying my car a year and a half ago. Never knew what it was until talking to a buddy with the same problem. So where is this bcm unit and what part/area should I expect to see cracks?