Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Halo Headlights

Ok here's the deal. I have a 2000 Camaro SS. I recently purchased Ebay Halo Headlights. They looked great. Fit pretty well too. But at night, you cant see for nothing. I first thought my headlights were off! I check them, they were indeed on, but not bright at all. My hazy original headlamps were SOO much brighter.

I dont do the bitching thing and send parts back or bad mouth the company. So heres my question(s):

Which halo headlights are the best fitting, brightest? I dont know SQUAT about Electronics or headlights.

Can someone hold my hand and walk me through this? Like which company to deal with, which ones to order? Maybe some pictures? Price is not really a problem. I dont want to pay 500.00 for lights, but 2-3 hundred isnt out of my realm either.

I know peoples idea of good looks and halo's are a heated debate. But for ME, I like the way they look. I just dont like the extra little lights that go along the lines of the headlights. I just want Headlights that havr the Halo ring and the other bulb as well. Not an excess of lights like a UFO or something.

If you feel it will go against board policies saying which company is the best, You can PM me if you like.

I really appreciate your help on this. And yes the search button is your friend but I get so lost trying to figure everything out. Again, I am NO electrician or authority on headlights. I can obviously install them. Doesnt take a rocket scientist. But I really need someone to say, " HEY LOOK IDIOT. THIS IS THE COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. THIS IS THE HEADLIGHT YOU WANT. THIS IS THE PART NUMBER. THESE ARE THE ACCESSORIES YOU NEED. NOW GO ORDER IT".

Seriously, thats what I need. LOL

Again I really appreciate your help/advice. I cant wait to hear from you guys about this!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Halos aren't meant to be the main source of the light beam, their just for cool points +1
Old 07-31-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok...wait a minute...

Were you expecting to light up the road with the halo rings? B/c they're pretty much just for show. Well..the CCFL halos are brighter than the LED ones, but still, they're not meant to drive by. That's what your beams are for. Here's what I'm talking about:

Fog lights (HID) on with Halos on

Low beams (HID) on; doesn't matter if Halos are on...you won't c them
Old 08-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

looks good too me. How much did you pay for those 150ish?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, about that.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

which headlights did you buy? Id almost bet your using the halogen bulbs, even in the projector lens isnt great. Depending on which lights you have, you can just add HIDs. I say this because I had to modify my projectors because the cutoff is ****.

Quick Reply: Halo Headlights