Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

6LE Double Din Bezel + Double Din LCD Touchscreen?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6LE Double Din Bezel + Double Din LCD Touchscreen?

So I'm planning a build for my carputer and want to use this with this in order to create the 7" touchscreen mount for my carputer. My concern is that the piece from mp3car seems to be designed to be mounted on the sides and from what I've seen of the radio cavity, the mounts are front-facing. Has anyone used the double din LCD touchscreen from mp3car.com?

The idea is to try to prevent making a custom bezel in an effort to save time. Let me know what you guys think, thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not 100% sure but looks like you could make custom brackets that would then allow you to mount it in the radio cavity front mounts. Most double dins I have looked at all have mounts on the sides and seems everyone has just made custom brackets.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I would think you could easily make a bracket out of some aluminum angle (L) that would work...
Old 07-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the responses, I was afraid I'd have to fab it. It'll be interesting anyways, just don't have the time to do it right now unfortunately.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Teching In

When I made my brackets it took maybe 25 minutes for the first one, less time for the second. The hardest part is measuring where to make holes, and bending it how you want it. I actually didn't even make holes. (didn't have anything to make a hole) I just took some metal shears and cut slots that could slide over the little mounting screws. The most refreshing part of making them, is knowing no one will ever see them. They don't have to be perfect, just gotta be able to do their job.

Quick Reply: 6LE Double Din Bezel + Double Din LCD Touchscreen?