Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo problem/interior electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo problem/interior electrical problem

This isn't really a question for a F-body but my grand prix I just bought, I figured someone who knows more about stereos and such could help since they are both GM cars.

First of all when I bought it the interior lights didn't work and still don't, The fog lights where working but then stoped and then now only 1 works.

Second I wanted to install my deck from my camaro, the plug and play harness is the same and after I hooked everything up the radio works but it keeps flickering. I can hear like a power down sound from the fuse box, then it comes back and goes away... when it comes on the sound still plays and everything.. I checked the fuses and they are fine unless I missed one but I don't think I did.

Any ideas?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Have you checked the output of the alternator or the BCM? If fuses are good and things go in and out sounds like the charging system or the control module? Just my $.02 worth. Hopefully someone may have a better option for you.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm i didn't think of the alternator, but it doesn't give me any problems with starting and the headlights seem to work fine. I need to figure out where everything is on this car.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

really need to figure this out, anyone have any ideas? im bad with electrical stuff.