Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help Audio Newbie add Bass

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smile Help Audio Newbie add Bass

I'm not to familiar with what's out there currently and what would work for my setup.

I had a 12" subwoofer system and decided to take it out because it was really heavy. I stripped out all of the wiring, took out the stock headunit and the monsoon amplifier. I currently have a Panasonic headunit powering the door speakers and the a-pillar speakers and have no bass anymore. The speakers are Boston Acoustic RX-67's.

What would you do? What could I do to add more bass or am I going to need an amplifier?

I have this amplifier Kenwood KAC-9102D:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KAC9...ures_and_specs

Since it is a Class D amplifier does that mean it's solely for Subwoofers?
Old 08-05-2010, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your wanting more bass i would suggest a enclosed box with 2 12'inch subs and a 1000watt amp. thats what im running and i have more then enuff bass and it only costed me about 300$
Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6Ls1TA
if your wanting more bass i would suggest a enclosed box with 2 12'inch subs and a 1000watt amp. thats what im running and i have more then enuff bass and it only costed me about 300$
Sorry I was unclear in my post but I don't want to go that route anymore. I had a single sub setup but now I am running an aftermarket head unit with 4 Boston Acoustic Speakers. Jus' with this setup, I have no bass or midbass. I am looking at the best way to add more bass to my current setup.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sound deaden the doors and sail panels really good inside, and get a 4 Channel Amp to power them.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

get a 10 in sub thats not a high power sub it wont be AS heavy and a fiberglass box to put in the cubby hole in the back and a small amp but if you just dont want to do a sub at all (and it sounds like you dont) do what the guy above said but the sound deadning material and amp is heavy as well what do you want more is the ? atleast the sub puts weight on the back wheels and you can make a set up that you can put in and take out pretty easy
Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sound deadening like Dynamat will help. you could also get a small 10 for the rear cubby kicker makes a pre loaded box. you can find the with and without amps online and ebay of course or you could get just the box. I know subthump.com has them. a sub will help take the pressure off of the 6.5" and your overall SQ will improve. also giving adequate power to you existing speakers will help as well