Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

can i hook 2 12s and 1500w amp to a stock m onsoon amp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post can i hook 2 12s and 1500w amp to a stock m onsoon amp?

wirings right tryed 2 line converters and the subs seem to beat crappy then good on and off, the wiring is correct i think through the back speakers in my 98 t/a but im wondering if they have to be wired to my 6x9s because my buddy has more powerfull subs in his grand am and its a lower monsoon system
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar setup in my car using the factory head unit. I used a PAC line converter from the rear deck speakers, thru the converters and into the amp with RCA cables. Does your line converter have high and low singal switches on it? if so you need to switch it on high comming off the rear speakers since its a amplified source and then switch it to low before it goes into the amp.

Also my equilizer on the stock deck controls the amount of bass that my subs are putting out along with the interior speakers so I had to find a happy medium for that so im not over driving the stock speakers.

What Line converter are you using?
Old 09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some weird ultra ice converter