Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Few questions on setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Few questions on setup

OK, little bit lost when it comes to audio, I know my way around setting up subs and amps and what not but am lost when it comes to what size box is used for what sub and to get the best sound out of the sub.

First question is does someone sell a attachment that I can hook up to my stock headunit to connect to my droid and play music that way? I have rhapsody and also a bunch of songs i downloaded on there, so if I can play the music right off my phone that would be awesome, and if this is possible what would the sound quality be like?I dont want to change my HU out because I want to keep that stock look.

Second, I'm looking for a nice subwoofer that gets loud but I really like the hard hits where its nice and crisp (kinda hard to explain but im sure you know what mean) I get kind of annoyed when its just constant bass but I do enjoy the occasional rattle your brain bass. I listen to alot of country and rock so you can kinda see how I want the bass to not be extreme for country and beable to hit all the beats for rock. I currently have a 700 watt rms kenwood amp (not sure on part # my bro has it right now) So could someone point me in the right direction for a nice sub that wont break the bank? I've heard good things about memphis,RE, JL, rockford etc... I would also like to keep the sub box on the smaller side, I was thinking one that goes into those sides of the trunk area but im not sure if you can fit a 12" sub in there?

I think thats all my questions for now, thanks for the help in advance!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exact amp specs would help. Also, it is much easier to fit a 10 in the cubby hole on the driver side rear.