Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Audio from scratch... where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Audio from scratch... where to start?

Car is a firebird, but it has Camaro door panels. Has zip 0 nada stereo wiring in the car currently. Want it to sound as good as the factory monsoon system at a minimum.

A small amp is a must correct, there is no head unit alone that can drive the bass equal to even a factory monsoon system? I need something small to package.

Would it be ok to run the 6.5 bazooka or audiopipes i see mentioned in the sail panels, or is that just the best budget options for a 4 ohm system and there is better options for an aftermarket 2 ohm system?

What would be the speakers to use int eh front camaro door panels?

Would I be much better off with reg speakers in door and sails, and run the small amp to a small dedicated 8 or 10 inch sub? I dont need it to be super loud, just cover the range well at moderate volume, I think the factory monsoon system does that pretty well, just cant stand it if its flat

Was probably going to use something like the deh-3200 or something like, mainly going to plug in Ipod

Will not be using any of the hatch speakers. The turbo and intercooler reservoir are in the way
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best audio package would be from Kee Audio since it's already a good pairing of speakers and decently priced, better then testing what sounds good in the car and having to replace it if needed. I'd talk to him and see what he says honestly.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 AM
TECH Junkie

kee audio or others?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

no one?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Key audio has great package for fbodies.

There's a new sponser on here also DoubleDmods.