Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Sub & Amp recommendation for stealth box

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Sub & Amp recommendation for stealth box

First off, I am not knowledgeable with car audio whatsoever.

I want some more boom from my Kee Audio standard speaker replacement package. I've been reading up on sub/amp combos for the last few days and haven't found any advice that I specifically can use. At this point, I just need somebody to push me into biting for a certain setup (or by chance have a system they want to sell me). Before I say what I want, if anybody has a good suggestion that conflicts with what I want, I would like to hear it; I do not have my heart totally set just yet. I want to hear anybody's suggestions and thanks ahead of time!

Here is my current system:

Sony Xplod head unit (http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921666079665)
Kee Audio's standard replacement speaker system

The system doesn't produce enough bass driving around town and not near enough on the highway.

Here is what I'm looking for:

I want either a 10" or 12" sub that will supplement especially lower end bass, since my head unit's 3-band equalizer doesn't boost the low end bass to my liking. Only using one 10" or 12" hopefully implies that I do not enjoy my brain rattling as I drive down the road. I want to retain t-top functionality and am leaning toward a stealth box custom fiberglass box. I would love to spend as little as $300 for the sub, box, and amp but if a $400 or $500 system would sound much much better, I am open to suggestions.

I am open to suggestions to alternative enclosures, sub quantities, and/or sub location.

I am more interested in clarity than loudness, and I would like the system I end up getting to play both Disturbed and Crystal Method decently well. I am no audiophile, and am more interested in bang for the buck than superb sound quality.

Anybody have a sub/amp and box suggestion?! Or any other suggestions for my system at all?

Thanks for even reading this much text, I'm sorry!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the perfect stealth setup for your car that would provide the right amount of bass for both Disturbed type kick and the deep bass of The Crystal Method.
The package I have with the HD-1000CF CDT carbon fiber sub hits hard but tight. The other cool thing is that the amp I am using for that package is great. The Audiopipe mini amp has a foot print of 6" x 7" x 2". You can hide it anywhere including under the hatch plastic in the back or even on top of the enclosure. With the package you get everything you need to install it as well with a 4ga amp wiring kit. I will even throw in a line level adapter if needed for you install.
Most packages get you sub, amp and enclosure. I include install gear and shipping to the lower 48 states in my price. Plus you get a very good, high end, CDT carbon fiber subwoofer, check it out here:
http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/subwoofers/hd1000cf.htm
I have also matched this with an amp that is 1ohm stable and closely matches the power ratings for max output without having to have a bunch of power drawing off your electrical system.
I listen to the same type of music you do. In fact I have a pretty extensive library of music that has a pretty broad array of music.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I have the perfect stealth setup for your car that would provide the right amount of bass for both Disturbed type kick and the deep bass of The Crystal Method.
The package I have with the HD-1000CF CDT carbon fiber sub hits hard but tight. The other cool thing is that the amp I am using for that package is great. The Audiopipe mini amp has a foot print of 6" x 7" x 2". You can hide it anywhere including under the hatch plastic in the back or even on top of the enclosure. With the package you get everything you need to install it as well with a 4ga amp wiring kit. I will even throw in a line level adapter if needed for you install.
Most packages get you sub, amp and enclosure. I include install gear and shipping to the lower 48 states in my price. Plus you get a very good, high end, CDT carbon fiber subwoofer, check it out here:
http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/subwoofers/hd1000cf.htm
I have also matched this with an amp that is 1ohm stable and closely matches the power ratings for max output without having to have a bunch of power drawing off your electrical system.
I listen to the same type of music you do. In fact I have a pretty extensive library of music that has a pretty broad array of music.

The sub-amp-box combination you describe sounds like it would give me a little extra bump, though I have a few questions.
Can the sub handle 250W RMS or 500W RMS? CDT's web site claims 250W
Is the Audiopipe 1150 the amp you are talking about?
Is a single subwoofer capable of 1ohm impedance?
What would the price of this package end up being?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

does the JBL GTi 10" sub fit your stealth enclosure?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man,first off I have been a member on tech for awhile now and never been in this section lol,my buddy had a jl audio stealth box or whatever its called in his 02 ws6,think it was a 10wo,and a small jl audio amp,sounded pretty good,hatch helps a lot for bass that much I know,but I think you would be real happy with a 10 inch,ok back to performance part for me lol,take care man
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man I built a custom sub and amp rack from my camaro a few years back for my convertible car. Though if you want to keep the T-top slots open for use I would recommend the stealth box for the sub and the rear wall amp rack to go with it.

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...closure-1.html

Something like that should do the trick for you for the amp rack and on that site they have the stealth boxes for subs also. Good luck on the build and hope that helps you out in the mounting of the system.

Quick Reply: Need Sub & Amp recommendation for stealth box