Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

System design help

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default System design help

Im looking to do a nice upgrade to my factory 98 t/a radio. With the lack there of shop around here, at least with working sound rooms. I can't here before I buy.

What I have in mind now is DDmods bezel with pioneer 4300dvd package. Kee audio CDT package the good stuff, sub thump stealth box with L7 and kicker 750 watt amp. The concern I have is factory monsoon amp will not be enough to power the cdt's and the sub will not work well in a small box. I want everything to be a clean install. As if gm did it them self. I also want great sound with the t -top off rolling down the highway no distortion. What is the best way to go about this and what has worked well for you.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackstang3o2
Im looking to do a nice upgrade to my factory 98 t/a radio. With the lack there of shop around here, at least with working sound rooms. I can't here before I buy.

What I have in mind now is DDmods bezel with pioneer 4300dvd package. Kee audio CDT package the good stuff, sub thump stealth box with L7 and kicker 750 watt amp. The concern I have is factory monsoon amp will not be enough to power the cdt's and the sub will not work well in a small box. I want everything to be a clean install. As if gm did it them self. I also want great sound with the t -top off rolling down the highway no distortion. What is the best way to go about this and what has worked well for you.

Thanks for the interest in the bezel and the 4300
CAll me direct
I can package everything for you but the Subthump box
I have the Kicker and the CDT for you so we can package everything into one package and save you $$$$$
Old 04-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds good Will do this week. I got to get on this list this week for a bezel so hopefully wed. I will be ready for that order
Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, my CDT package deals I put together specifically for F-Body owners 4 years ago are still available and sold by an authorized CDT dealer that deals directly with CDT in California.
Here is a list of authorized CDT dealers:
http://www.cdtaudio.com/authorized_dealers.htm
I have also been doing certain upgrades to the CDT packages specifically for LS1Tech members that are not advertised.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I just ordered this stuff last Friday from Kee Audio.

1.) CDT EU-61CV components and CDT HD-6CF carbon fiber midbass
2.) JL Audio XD700.5
3.) Enclosure and CDT HD-1000CF sub
4.) 4ga amp install kit, 2 x extra set of RCA cables, battery terminal adapter, 50ft. Raptor 14ga speaker wire
5.) Hushmat 19sq ft. pack 10 pieces 12" x 23"
6.) CDT front/rear special set (Avalanche) for the wife's truck
7.) Pioneer AVH-4300DVD

This stuff is still in shipment and I can't wait to get it. After talking back and forth with Ian this is what he decided for me. It's geared toward superior sound quality but will still get loud.

I too will be getting the same bezel you are.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

We are setup direct with Ken at CDT
for those with inquiring minds

We sell more Focal by request from our C5 and C6 Corvette customers. Just added CDT direct for everyone here for complete install ready packages and great savings.

FYI on the driver compartment sub boxes

They will be going into prototype build in a week.
Then into production. by Atrend for us.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Teching In

No hissy fits you both provide great products at great prices